Comment on page
What is Maestro?
Maestro is the simplest and most effective mobile UI testing framework.
Maestro is built on learnings from its predecessors (Appium, Espresso, UIAutomator, XCTest) and allows you to easily define and test your Flows.
What are Flows? Think of Flows as parts of the user journey in your app. Login, Checkout and Add to Cart are three examples of possible Flows that can be defined and tested using Maestro.
- Built-in tolerance to flakiness. UI elements will not always be where you expect them, screen tap will not always go through, etc. Maestro embraces the instability of mobile applications and devices and tries to counter it.
- Built-in tolerance to delays. No need to pepper your tests with
sleep()calls. Maestro knows that it might take time to load the content (i.e. over the network) and automatically waits for it (but no longer than required).
- Blazingly fast iteration. Tests are interpreted, no need to compile anything. Maestro is able to continuously monitor your test files and rerun them as they change.
- Declarative yet powerful syntax. Define your tests in a
- Simple setup. Maestro is a single binary that works anywhere.
- tapOn: "Create new contact"
- tapOn: "First Name"
- inputText: "John"
- tapOn: "Last Name"
- inputText: "Snow"
- tapOn: "Save"
- tapOn: "John Appleseed"
- tapOn: "Edit"
- tapOn: "Add phone"
- inputText: "123123"
- tapOn: "Done"
Get started by installing the Maestro CLI: